Saturday, January 14, 2012

Food & Drink

Nom, Nom, Nom....

One word: Coffee.  Remember how I said that my sister and I love to go to Barnes & Noble to write?  Remember I said that she and I always get Starbucks while we're there?  The people behind the Starbucks counter know me there because that's how much we go there.  It's terrible, if you think about it...Starbucks is so unhealthy for you and think of all the money I have wasted at that place?  Sad thing is, I don't really care because it tastes absolutely wonderful!

I only write in two places: home or at Barnes & Noble.  I tend to not be able to write unless I have something else to distract my hands with...a drink.  Every once in a while I am able to give my hands that five-second break of typing only to fill my mouth with fabulous caffeine.  At Barnes & Noble, I get Starbucks, Starbucks, and more Starbucks.  At home, we have a Keurig coffee machine.  Yes, it is dangerous, but it is just as wonderful as having Starbucks.  The different is, I only buy one drink at Starbucks: it's loaded with caffeine and it's expensive.  At home, I may have up to 100 cups of coffee per day.  It's free and I can get decaffeinated K Cups to drink.

When I am at school, and I have free time in between classes with no homework to do, I write.  This is very rare, but it does happen sometimes.  I usually bring a cup of coffee with me to school.  Whether I filled up a thermos cup at home with coffee, or my friend and I stop at Dunkin' Donuts on the way, I usually have coffee.  By the time I get to sit down and write during school is later on in the day.  I get my homework done first.  This is something I hate, but it's something that I have to do.  Anyway, by that time, my coffee is either all gone or it's cold.  What do I do then?  I usually bring a water with me to school, as well.  This is in case I end up chugging my coffee on the car ride before I even get to school.  So, I'll usually drink my water.  I think it's boring, but that's what it is.  Or, depending on how much money I have and how much I actually want to spend, I'll go to a vending machine and get some Root Beer.  You know why I love Root Beer?  Caffeine free.

Despite all the Starbucks, Dunkin' Donuts, and coffee from home I consume, I try to get it all decaffeinated.  I'm hyper enough and never sleep, so it's not like I need caffeine in my system...

I don't know what it is, but there is just something that makes me crave coffee or something of the sort as I write.  It's like I stated earlier: I need to give my hands that five-second break of typing to grab the cup and feed my belly.

Food?  No, I don't eat while I write.  I tend to eat a lot of junk food.  I'm also very messy when I eat.  If I don't want any sort of food residue on my laptop or smudged all over the pages in my notebook, I don't eat while I write.  I drink while I write and when I take a break from writing after an hour or so, that's when I make myself something to eat and I watch TV or something before getting back into it.

This, to me, sounds like a good idea.  Eat during breaks, drink while writing.  It's worked for me, so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment